This Isn’t Working. I Think We Should Break Up…
How To Rebuild Your Relationship With Your Business
This Isn’t Working. I Think We Should Break Up…
Words you never want to say, let alone hear! You can breathe a sigh of relief today though, as it’s not the relationship with your partner or spouse that we will be talking about.
Although you probably know already how much pressure your business can put on your home life.
Just like a relationship, we all know that good one’s take a bit of work and effort. So does your business.
I was reading a few articles the other day, and I came across this one in Inc. Here are the main points…
3 Signs That You Should Shut Down Your Business
1. You don't recognize yourself anymore. As a business owner, you want to be a better version of yourself. ...
2. It's too much to handle. ...
3. The thrill is gone.
I hate to say it, but if you have poured your life and soul into your business, these three points are NOT signs you should shut down your business. If these three points hit you between the eyes, then it’s time for you to CHANGE how you are running your business, not shut it down.
People give up far too easily when success is often just around the corner.
Don’t be scared to change your business if it is not working - but don’t quit it because it just got too hard. Yeh it requires a bit of sweat to get it to the next level, and it might take a few months and you’ll need to make some ruthless decisions. But it will be worth it. It is possible. Many many business owners have walked in your shoes and made it to the other side. This point is defines your future.
Business is hard. Anyone who tells you it is easy is probably trying to sell you something.
It is also a game, so it’s time to start playing it smart.
I get it - when you are working until 11pm every night, not taking holidays, and hardly seeing your family it can feel you are chained to a monster, married to your business, one that seems to take everything from you, and never giving in return. Escape is the easy answer. But not necessarily the right one.
Success On Purpose
Creating Success on Purpose is at the core of what we do here at Nine Advisory. In all areas of our business we focus on coming from a place of proactivity, with structure, systems, and clear directives for everyone involved.
When your business is in the Wilderness, you feel like are living in Groundhog day, and your business is dictating the terms to you, it is more than likely that you have a reactive, inconsistent, and unstructured business.
You need to make the decision today that you will move into a pro-active position in your business. That you will stop the running after every email and phone call and client request that pops up and start looking at the overall structure in line with a clearly defined strategy.
Here’s how you can rebuild your relationship with your business:
1. Commit to a weekly ‘management’ review – to look at all the systems (or lack of) within your business. Assess where the greatest need is and focus on resolving that for the coming month.
2. Bring in some advisors - paid or unpaid – it doesn’t really matter. Find some people who have experience in business to give you outside perspective on what needs to change, and how to do it.
3. Implement one new system into your business per month. If your business has been in reactive mode for some time, restructuring with some external help will fast-track the process. You can have a chat to our team if you need some advice around this.
4. Productise – the next step after beginning the process of systemising your internal operations is to productise your services. This serves two purposes – it helps your team to build more systems and process, thus allowing you to take a step back from daily operations. It also helps your customers have a very clear understanding of what you do, and what they will pay you for those services.
5. Take a holiday. ‘I can’t’ you say. ‘You must’ I reply. J One of the best thing a business owner can do is step away from the day-to-day, clear their head and get new perspective. Catching up on some sleep and coming back to what really matters will give you renewed vigour and vision to take the next steps in your business. Just book it and do it. Your business won’t fall apart.
Get back to being the visionary. Create the business you want, and create the success you want step-by-step. You will find your way through the Wilderness if you persist and are willing to make the changes that are required for the next level of growth.
Take the first step towards success - Download our 9 Steps to Simple Systems – CLICK HERE.
9 Steps To Simple Systems - Free Workbook
Everything You Need To Build A Reputable Business That Can Grow & Scale Without YOU
Stop living in groundhog day and get CLARITY and a step-by-step blueprint of how to implement our Nine Pillar Framework that is critical for building a 7 or 8 figure company. You will not be able to escape the day-to-day of your business without systems.